Anele Ngcongca Laid To Rest
Anele Ngcongca Laid To Rest
Former Bafana Bafana and Sundowns soccer star Anele Ngcongca, was finally laid to rest yesterday in Gugulethu, Cape Town.
The footie died in the early hours of Monday morning, 23 November 2020 after a tragic car accident. His passing sent shockwaves across social media platforms and many have been remembering him and paying tribute to the fallen soccer giant.
Anele’s funeral was attended by his teammates, family, friends, and the Minister of Arts and Culture Nathi Mthwethwa. Paying his tribute to the late football star, Minister Nathi Mthethwa said Anele’s void will forever be felt due to the impact he had on many people’s lives.
“The role Anele played in maintaining wonderful family bonds must forever be cherished and be applauded. I can only imagine what the family is currently going through, I am certain that the grief that uMama is going through is overwhelming,” he said.
”As an active and creative nation, we’re indebted to the family and most importantly the mother of Anele for bringing to earth this wonderful soul and for ensuring that he remains focused on his career until his last day on earth. Anele’s void will forever be felt by all of us,” he added.
#SOUTHAFRICA: Mourners have gathered in Gugulethu on the Cape Flats to pay their last respects to the late Bafana Bafana and Mamelodi Sundowns Defender Anele Ngcongca. His funeral service is taking place at the JL Zwane Church Hall. 33-year old Ngcongca died in a car accident. pic.twitter.com/QL08p810E1
— RED LION MEDIA (@REDLIONMEDIA2) December 10, 2020
Anele’s sister recently slammed Minister Nathi Mthethwa for apparently being silent about Anele’s passing despite the great contribution that he’s made to South African football. She revealed that Minister Fikile was the only Minister who made contact with the family and came to check on Anele’s mother.
The funeral was initially supposed to be last week but it was postponed due to Anele’s mom not feeling.
“We have to sadly postpone Anele Ngcongca Funeral as uMama is not well. She expressed that the funeral cannot continue without her. We made the decision that her health is important as a family and postponed the funeral,” shared his family through social media.
Speaking to Eye Witness News recently a police officer told the publication that a case of culpable homicide has been opened.
“It’s alleged that this morning, at 5am, a vehicle with two occupants lost control and overturned on the N2 freeway near Mtunzini. A 33-year-old man was declared dead at the scene. The driver sustained serious injuries and was taken to hospital for medical attention. The circumstances surrounding the incident are still under investigation. A case of culpable homicide has been opened for investigation by Mtunzini SAPS.”
May his soul rest in peace